Wednesday, December 19, 2012


HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

Three contractors - one Xhosa , another a Zulu , and the third A Shangaan - are bidding to fix a broken fence at the Union Buildings in Pretoria .

They go with a Union Buildings official to examine the fence.

The Zulu contractor takes out a tape measure, does some measuring, and
then works some figures with a pencil.
'Well,' he says, 'I figure the job will run about R900.

R400 for materials, R400 for my crew, and R100 profit for me.'

The Shangaan contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for R700: R300 for materials, R300 for my crew, and R100 profit for me.'

The Xhosa contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the Union Buildings brother and whispers, izobayi 'R2,700' tata.

The official, incredulous, says, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Xhosa contractor whispers back,  R1000 yeyam, R1000 yeyakho, and siqeshe elishangaan lilungise lefence ngeR700.

'Done!' replies the government official. 

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home